There are now 3 divisions at Bocal Majority:
- ADRIT (Advanced Double Reed Institute of Texas)
Regular division is appropriate for all ability levels – groups are determined by audition the first day of camp
Premier division is the highest level group at camp besides ADRIT. Work with a special, high-level instructor (often college professors). Enrollment is limited, no audition necessary. Cost slightly higher than regular.
What do you do:
- Get to play a contrabassoon or English horn!
- Play in chamber ensembles
- Develop vibrato
- Increase tonguing speed
- Develop high register playing
- Increase expressivity in playing
- Learn/hone tenor clef literacy
- Instrument purchase guidance
- Basic emergency instrument repair
- Have your reeds adjusted by professionals
- Study music theory
Scholarship Application Form – only for regular and ADRIT camps. Please do not apply if you’re attending the beginner or band director camps. Firm deadline to apply for scholarship is May 15th.
Which Camp: Beginner Bassoon and Oboe Camps
Who is it for: Usually those entering 6th grade (or anyone who has played for less than 3 months) – those switching instruments welcome, too.
What do you do:
- Learn how to care for and maintain your instrument
- Learn the names of the parts and how to put your instrument together safely
- Learn how to make your reeds last!
- Learn how to crow the reed
- Learn how to make a characteristic sound on the bassoon or oboe
- Learn some basic fingerings
- Basic music reading/music theory
- Have fun and meet other young bassoonists or oboists